Scheme of Board Examination (Class X)
and assessment of various activities
The CBSE has revised its scheme of examination ( AISSE ) for class X as well that of co – scholastic activities with effect from academic session 2019 – 20.
- All students will have to appear in class X exam conducted by CBSE
Assessment by CBSE 80 %
(Questions in the examination will cover 100 % syllabus
of class X only for each subject )
- Internal assessment by school 20 %
- Three periodic tests will be conducted out of which average of the best two tests will form 10 %
- The remaining 10 % will comprise of
- Subject Enrichment activities 5 %
- Note Book submission regularity, etc. in each subject 5 %
- Marks as well as grades on a 9 point scale will be awarded for individual subjects.
Co scholastic Activities
- The u/m activities will be graded on a 5 – point scale (A to E). These are essential for holistic development of the student.
- Work Education ( W.E.)
- Art Education ( Drawing)
- Health & Physical Education ( Sports / Martial Arts / Yoga / NCC etc)
It impacts career shaping and helps build character. Its elements are attendance, sincerity, behavior and values (virtues). Students will be graded on a five point scale (A to E).
Note: Same assessment model will be followed in respect of students of classes VI to IX also with effect from the session 2020 – 21.